The Navarre Beach Camping Resort is very warm under the Florida sun. And as great as it can be, a day of beaching can quickly turn into days of pain. Remember these sun protection tips while on the Emerald Coast:
The Florida sun shines bright and even through clouds, it can burn and damage skin in just a matter of minutes.
- Get rid of sunscreen past its expiration date or is more than two years old.
- For infants, look for the ingredients zinc and / or titanium dioxide in sunscreen.
- To protect your head, use a combination of sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat. Don’t forget to protect the ears, back of the neck, lips and the scalp at the part in the hair.
- Consider sunglasses labeled as blocking 99% or 100% of UVA and UVB, or as providing UV absorption up to 400 nm.
- Wear tightly woven darker clothing in the sun because it reflects more UV rays and look for fabrics made of nylon or Dacron that are more protective than cotton.
- Water, sand and even porch decks can reflect and intensify the damaging rays of the sun so keep reflective areas in mind.
- The sun is strongest between 10 am and 4 pm so if your shadow appears to be shorter than you are, seek shade.
- People with naturally darker skin aren’t immune to the effects of the sun and can still burn.
- Whatever type of sunscreen you prefer (gel and cream are the best choices), be sure to reapply every two to three hours during times of prolonged exposure.
About Navarre Beach Camping Resort
Navarre Beach Camping resort is the ideal place for your next Florida Gulf Coast vacation. Just make sure it includes a romp in the Florida sun after you protect yourself. Enjoy your great escape at one of the highest rated RV parks in the area. Book an RV site, furnished cabin or tent site at Navarre Beach Campground today at www.navbeach.com!